Featured Recipe: Better Than Mashed "Potatoes" from Ariane Hundt
This "Better Than Mashed 'Potatoes'" recipe is from popular TV chef Rocco DiSpirito's "Now Eat This!" cookbook and recommended by Ariane Hundt from Brooklyn Bridge Bootcamp for a "clean", lighter version of this favorite dish.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 head of roughly chopped cauliflower
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the cauliflower out on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top the cauliflower with another sheet of foil, and roll up the edges to form a sealed package.
- Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes. Remove the top foil, being careful of the steam, and continue roasting the cauliflower until it is tender, another 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cauliflower with the Greek yogurt. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired, and serve.
Carbohydrates: 21g (7g of which are fiber, so only 14g net carbs that impact your blood sugar!)
Protein: 23 g
Fat: 2 grams (depending on how much cooking spray you use)