GoRecess Studio Spotlight: Pure Barre; Las Vegas, NV
Classes offered: Pure Barre is a 55-minute ballet inspired total body workout. It infuses elements of yoga, pilates, ballet, and weights. Set to fun, upbeat music Pure Barre isolates each muscle group, working the muscles to fatigue, then stretching to create longer, learner muscles. Pure Barre will lift your seat, tone your thighs, and burn fat in record-breaking time. Most clients see results in just 10 classes!
What makes it unique? Pure Barre is a nationwide franchise - no matter where you are, find the studio in your area and you won't be disappointed. Each studio is warm and welcoming! Pure Barre Las Vegas prides itself on creating an atmosphere of community where clients not only get a killer workout but they’re also making friends. They also offer a great new client special: one month unlimited for $100 – check your local studio for pricing details.
Advice for first-timers: Enjoy yourself! Pure Barre is a technique, not something you should master 100% in your first class - just stay in it and fight through the burn. Shaking is completely normal in class; Lauren promises your legs will not fall off. Oh, and don’t forget your gripper socks!
Favorite things to do in Las Vegas: Vegas has so much more to offer than most out-of-towners realize. FYI, not everyone lives on the strip, actually the majority don’t! Owner Lauren O'Nan enjoys finding new ways to stay active and social, including playing tennis on a USTA 3.5 team in Summerlin and hiking at Red Rock Canyon.
What’s hot on Pure Barre Las Vegas’ playlist right now? Lauren is personally a big country music fan and currently has Carrie Underwood's Blown Away, blowing through the speakers as they stretch. But they crank the hip-hop and alternative songs up during thigh and seat work to help keep your heart rate pumping!
Nutritional advice? Pure Barre always encourages clients to make being healthy a lifestyle, not just a workout 3-5 times per week. Pure Barre founder Carrie Rezabek Dorr always says, “if you’re going out to the parking lot and eating a twinkie after class, you’re probably not going to get the results you want.” Lauren follows the 80/20 rule – eat fresh and healthy 80% of the time so you can splurge the other 20%.
Did you know? Pure Barre Las Vegas has a small, tight-knit group of instructors that gets along fantastically. Instructor Noelle particularly stands out with a cult-like client following attributed to her glowing personality and sculpted physique. She also performs two shows a night, five times per week, as a ballroom dancer in the show Le Reve at the Wynn hotel.
About the owner: Lauren O'Nan grew up in Lexington, Kentucky and was very involved in competitive cheerleading from a young age through high school. She graduated with honors from the University of Kentucky in May 2008 with a degree in Public Relations and Health Promotions. Shortly after graduating, Lauren moved to Nashville, TN. where she began working in Kady Decker's newly opened studio in Green Hills. She immediately fell in love with Pure Barre and saw firsthand how effective the Pure Barre technique worked. She is now a Pure Barre instructor and is very excited about her opportunity to bring the Pure Barre experience to Las Vegas.
Ready to lift, tone and burn? Check out a class at Pure Barre today!