GoRecess Studio Spotlight: Balance Gym Thomas Circle; Washington, DC
-By Tami Mensh
Classes offered: Balance BootCamp; Balance Pole Method; Spin; BODYPUMP; POUND; Boxing; Muscle Up; Kettlebell Sculpt; Abs Blast; Pilates; Yoga; Mobility Essentials; Cardio & Tone; GORUCK BootCamp; Weightless; Zumba; Spin & Sculpt
Most popular classes? POUND is the most popular new class, and Spin and Balance BootCamp are classics that have always been well-loved among Balance Gym's members.
What makes Balance unique? Balance Gym considers itself so much more than a gym, and instead a fitness community. The team at Balance loves to get clients, members and staff together outside of the gym for happy hours, team fitness events like GORUCK, and even weekend Balance BootCamp at the owner's farm in West Virginia. For example, a team from Balance and the GORUCK Nasty participated in the GORUCK Light on July 4th in Washington, DC.
Other features that make Balance Gym Thomas Circle unique:
- Fun, innovative classes such as POUND, the Balance Pole Method, GORUCK BootCamp and Mobility Essentials
- A yoga program with 14 diverse yoga classes each week
- 11 Balance BootCamp classes per week (often taken outside)
- CrossFit Balance
- Balance Pole Method (BPM) offering six pole classes each week
- 13 Spin classes per week
- A rooftop for special events
- Great amenities: in addition to great classes, Balance has free weights, cardiovascular machines, machine weights, showers and a sauna