10 Reasons to Try Indoor Cycling
There is no doubt indoor cycling classes are sweeping the nation as one of the hottest fitness trends. Here, Kate Hiipakka, a certified cycling instructor at Real Ryder Revolution and Nike Ambassador shares 10 reasons to hop on a bike for your next workout.
- Indoor cycling torches calories. Depending on how long you ride and the type of bike, you can burn anywhere from 600-1000 calories.
- Improves cardiovascular health, which in turn makes your body more efficient and improves endurance.
- There are 90 muscles in your legs and every. single. one. gets worked.
- A low impact alternative to running, indoor cycling is easy on the joints.
- Each bike is equipped with a flywheel that determines resistance. You are in control and every class accommodates every level.
- Riding out of the saddle engages the core.
- The high-intensity nature of the workout increases your metabolism burning at a higher rate than steady state cardio – this effect can last as long as 48 hours.
- Quick sprints, flat roads, endurance rides, heavy hills – no two workouts are the same.
- In addition to working your legs and core, cycling also engages your arms, back, and chest.
- The adrenaline rush of peddling to the beat while pushing your limits is unparalleled.