7 Reasons to Try Kundalini Yoga
Kundalini Yoga is yoga for the mind, body and spirit. In a rapidly changing world, Kundalini Yoga provides tools to be centered and move through with ease. What was once a mystery, is now available to all to experience the many psychological and spiritual benefits. Here, Carmita de Vries of Golden Bridge Yoga in NYC shares 7 reasons to try Kundalini Yoga.
- HAVE IT ALL: Kundalini Yoga incorporates posture (asana), meditation and sound (mantra).
- GONG BATH: Many classes involve the teacher playing the gong; the vibrations of the gong are known to heal, support and/or elevate your experience.
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Kundalini Yoga is a technology, a practice of angles and triangles all with a specific intention to support you in all you do.
- MEDITATION: Each class always includes meditation, which is known to center, ground and calm the mind. And if you “can’t quiet the mind”…that’s okay too, just go with it!
- POWER OF BREATH: Kundalini Yoga encourages and emphasizes the use of breath (pranayama) that can help anything from insomnia to depression to sleepiness and more!
- SOUND: Sound currents carry healing and power within. Kundalini Yoga uses intentionally created mantra that assist in calming, decision-making, healing and so much more.
- COMMUNITY! You will find a community among your fellow students and the staff.