Smoothie Revolution: 6 Reasons to Jump on the Bandwagon
- By Alyssa Rasul, Health Coach & Wellness Director at Circuit of Change
If you’ve been on Pinterest or Instagram for any amount of time, you’ve probably seen a decent number of green smoothie pictures floating around.
Why is that? Because they are SO good for you!
GREEN SMOOTHIES ARE A GREAT WAY TO GET FIBER, VITAMINS, AND MINERALS...ALL SERVED UP IN ONE GLASS THAT YOU CAN TAKE ON THE GO!
Here are 6 reasons to get your smoothie on:
- Full of vitamins, enzymes, and minerals
- Easy to digest, which means optimal assimilation of the nutrients you need
- Great for stabilizing blood sugar (you will see each smoothie here has a healthy fat, and fat is key for blood sugar stabilization)
- A fabulous way to consume a variety of different fruits or vegetables at one time
- Terrific for cleansing the body of toxicity
- An easy way to add more fiber to your diet for optimal bowel function
When you add in a handful of greens to your smoothie, you get an extra dose of awesomeness in every serving! Here are some of my favorite greens to add to smoothies:
- Swiss chard
Wanna jump on the bandwagon? Try this Green Thunder Smoothie with a Dash of Sunshine!