Featured Recipe: Pumpkin Pie from Lauren Boggi Goldenberg
No need to skip dessert - try a lighter version of this favorite!
Yields: 12 servings (3 x 2 ½)
1 ½ c raw walnuts
¾ cup raw almonds
¾ tsp vanilla
Pinch sea salt
9 dates (pitted & soaked in water to soften)
2 T water
2 cups pumpkin
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger powder
Step 1: Crust
- Place the nuts into Robo Coupe for a rough chop.
- Add salt & vanilla, mix. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water to Robo Coupe, add in dates, mix until consistency is “pasty”.
- By hand, in a separate bowl, combine the date & nut mixture.
- Cover bottom of half sheet pan with plastic wrap. Press “crust” into pan, forming a lip around the edge and place in fridge
STEP 2: Filling
- Place all ingredients in robo coupe. Mix until well blended.
- Pour over crust, make sure to fill up to the edge of the crust. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Remove from freezer, let sit until you are able to cut into it.
- Sprinkle dusting of Cinnamon on top (very light dusting). Cut pieces that are 3 x 2 ½ . There will be a little extra on the ends.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Boggi Goldenberg, Founder of the Lithe Method®
A former USC cheerleader, dancer, and Pilates instructor, Lauren was looking for a fun, creative, effective workout that she just couldn’t find in the traditional fitness arena. Combining the best of her background, she created her own proprietary Cardio-Cheer-Sculpting® technique and took her passion for fitness to new heights with her workout phenomenon, the Lithe Method. Now with four studios in Philadelphia with a fifth location coming soon to NYC, Lauren also is the creator and founder of Lithe Inc., Lithe Wear, Lithe Escape®, Lithe’s revolutionary Higher Power Band System®, and Lithe Foods, a line of lean, local, seasonal, and (mostly) vegan a-la-carte items and meal plans. Widely respected as an industry expert, Lauren has appeared in VOGUE, BusinessWeek, Lucky, and more.