5 Daily Detox Tools to Improve Digestion, Sleep & Energy
- By Alyssa Rasul, Certified Integrative Health Coach, Mind Body Bootcamp Teacher & Director of Wellness at Circuit of Change
Feeling sluggish or bloated this winter? Replenish, renew and recharge with these 5 easy tips to help you feel your best from the inside out!
- Hydrate. For optimal detoxification and maximum energy it's important to stay hydrated. Make sure you are drinking at least 80-100 ounces of water per day. Getting bored of water? Try making a tasty natural "Gatorade" with 30 ounces of water, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, lemon, and honey or stevia.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep plays a vital role in our mental and physical health. It regulates the hormones that make you feel hungry, balances blood sugar levels & keeps your immune system strong. Sleep is also responsible for making you feel alert, awake & energized (naturally). Get enough sleep and you will be able to function without coffee!
- Take Probiotics. Good digestion is vital not only for your health (by optimizing the assimilation of nutrients), but for your mood as well, as 95% of serotonin is produced in the gut! Find a probiotic on Amazon or your local health food store.
- Detox Daily. There are plenty of easy simple daily detox tools you can incorporate. Treat yourself to an epsom salt bath, with a few drops of lavender essential oil for deep relaxation. Work up a sweat to help eliminate the toxins. Use practices such as dry skin brushing or tongue scraping to enhance detox benefits.
- Practice Gratitude. So much energy is wasted when we focus on what's not working, or on things that are stressing us out. When we practice gratitude, our minds start focusing on all the positives. This simple mental shift creates a surge of new energy, greatly improves digestion, and will have you sleeping like a baby!